Skip to main content

Week 10 - Extended Realities Technologies as part of Produsage (Part 2)

I thought I should really try to delve into and draft out my produsage assignment a bit more so that I can get a head start before the submission next sunday. I got 4 different assignments to submit by the same deadline, so things are likely to get pretty crazy - doesn't help that I have one more assignment to submit four days after! Haaahhahah! This blog will probably go dark next week - will cash in all my remaining tokens to clear out all the work. 

Produsage Assignment:

Concept 
Theories of Learning and Cognition to be used: 
  • Constructivism - Uses optimally guided instructional model as articulated by Michael Hannafin et al., (1997) Hannafin, M. J., Hannafin, K. M., Land, S. M., & Oliver, K. (1997). Grounded practice and the design of constructivist learning environments. Educational Technology Research and Development, 45(3), 101–117. https://doi.org/10.1007/bf02299733
  • Information processing theory 
Overall framework to guide instructional development:
  • Gagne's 9 Events of Instruction
  • Keller's ARCS model - mostly to do with understanding the context and learner analysis.
Execution  

General Design of Produsage Lesson:
- Part 1: Instructional Material regarding Civil Military Relations
- Part 2: Role-playing Game (Application of what they learned)
- Part 3: Defending your actions (Produsage component)
- Part 4: Review and Reflections

Platforms:
- Part 1 - Edublog/ Sutori
- Part 2 - Microsoft Powerpoint as the main medium for the role-playing game
- Part 3 - Sutori/ Padlet
- Part 4 - Edublog/ Padlet

Example 
- Lesson Plan
- Instructional Material
- Role-Playing Game
- Example of Students Defence of Actions
- Example of Reflections and Instructor review of Actions

Critical Reflection  
- My own Reflections I guess, about the entire process. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Part 1 of 2 - What should an effective Produsage Community look like?

For the first part of today's series of posts, I'd like to introduce to you a book that I've read written by Daniel Coyle (2018) called "The culture code". This week, we've been mostly reading about web 2.0 technologies that facilitate a user-centric environment where users are both the producers of knowledge and users of it (produsers). I however, have been attracted to the notion of community. For produsage to work, it is essential that a community in which collaboration and not self-aggrandizement is cultivated.  This lead me to the culture code's examination of key facets of successful groups. In one of the studies listed in the book, it noted that in a simple experiment where groups of business students and kindergartners (all groups were homogenous) were told to build the highest tower with twenty pieces of uncooked spaghetti, one yard of transparent tape, one yard of string and one standard-size marshmallow (to be put on top of the obelisk),...

Financial Management 101 Knowledge Base.

Hey guys! This page just serves to be a compilation of websites and articles that I have found to be useful over the last few months for leveling up my understanding of personal financial management. I did up a concept map as appended below to help organize what I think is one way to approach learning about the subject. Do note that the portioning of income has many schools of thought. So without further ado, a list of the websites, organized according to that framework. LEARNING HOW TO INCREASE ASSETS Learn what is an financial asset. (To the layman, services and products that do not depreciate or rather appreciate in value over time). https://www.investopedia.com/terms/f/financialasset.asp Managing your existing income. How to portion out and budget your income: Elizabeth Warren's 50 30 20 rule. https://www.thebalance.com/the-50-30-20-rule-of-thumb-453922 Barefoot Investor's Buckets portioning. https://sustainable-living.blog/2019/02/24/barefoot-budgeting-understanding-bucket...

Data analytics - My repository of useful knowledge

Hey all! I still have knowledge sharing withdrawal so here's another knowledge repository that I am slowly crafting on data analysis and the like. So here we go! 1. Why Big data? http://www.industriuscfo.com/7-benefits-using-big-data/ https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbestechcouncil/2019/11/06/five-benefits-of-big-data-analytics-and-how-companies-can-get-started/#2dfc29ef17e4 https://www.sas.com/en_sg/insights/analytics/big-data-analytics.html https://www.dataversity.net/many-benefits-big-data-company/ https://www.newgenapps.com/blog/importance-benefits-competitive-advantage-big-data/ Potential reading list for big data -  https://solutionsreview.com/data-management/top-25-best-big-data-books-on-amazon-you-should-read/ 2. Examples of Big data done right https://intellipaat.com/blog/7-big-data-examples-application-of-big-data-in-real-life/ https://builtin.com/big-data/big-data-examples-applications https://www.datapine.com/blog/big-data-examples-in-real-life/ 3. P...